Nutrition Education - School Meals
Good nutrition is vital to children’s growth, development and learning. Research consistently shows that children who participate in school meal programs perform better in school, perform better on standardized tests, and are absent less often.
The School Meal Tray has a new look!
- An increased variety of fruits and vegetables
- More whole grains
- Grade-appropriate meat/protein servings
- A variety of low-fat dairy products
- Calories that follow the Recommended Dietary Allowance/Intake (RDA/RDI)
We have provided some resources to help plan school meals. Select the appropriate link:
- For School Food Service Staff
- For Teachers (Coming Soon)
- For Parents (Coming Soon)